So how can you instantly transfer money from Venmo to Cash App? Or can you really do it? Of course, you can easily make your transfer in just a matter of 2 minutes.
Many Venmo users have asked this question over and over both online and in person. So I decided to take some time and discuss all you need to know about Venmo transfers and related topics.
The fact is Venmo is one of the most popular peer-to-peer payment apps in the US. It simply makes the process of sending and receiving money more flexible and faster compared to the traditional bank.
If you’re looking to easily and quickly send money from Venmo to Cash App, then you’ve landed on the right page. Read till the end for all you need to know about Venmo transfer and fees
There are basically two ways to do so;
- By setting up a direct deposit for your Cash App account.
- By using a bank account that is linked to both Venmo and Cash App.
Keep reading to learn how to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App from your mobile.
Available on Android and iOS, Venmo is one of the most popular peer-to-peer payment apps. The app allows you to easily and quickly send and receive payments to and from friends and family members.
Venmo only allows U.S. customers. Both the sender and receiver need to be in the United States to be able to use this app.
To send money on Venmo, the first thing you need to do is to associate the app to a U.S. bank account, debit card, prepaid debit card, or credit card.
Venmo only allows you to withdraw money to a bank account or debit card. Always associate a checking, not a saving, account to avoid the standard limit of six online withdrawals or transfers per month.
How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App?
Let’s take a look at how you can use two methods to transfer money from your Venmo account to Cash App. It’s might be easier than you think.
So let’s jump in;
#1. Setting Up a Direct Deposit for Your Cash App Account
Typically, your Cash App account can be used just like your bank account. You can only find the account and routing numbers if you already have a Cash Card associated with your Cash App account.
How to Find Your Cash App Routing and Account Numbers
The thing is to find your account and routing numbers in order to set up a direct deposit for your Cash app account.
Follow these steps;
- On your iPhone or Android device, open the Cash App.
- Tap on the dollar sign on the App to access the “My Cash” tab.
- Tap the “Cash” button that has a dollar sign right next to it.
- Next, navigate to the “Direct Deposit” section and tap on the “Get Account Number” button.
- You will see a pop-up screen. Tap the “Enable Account” button.
- Next, tap the “Copy Account Details” button right under your account information.
- Here, select “Copy Routing Number” and “Copy Account Number.” This will copy the numbers to your device’s clipboard. You can paste the numbers somewhere safe on your device.
Go to Venmo and Add Your Routing and Account Numbers
Now that you’ve obtained your Cash App routing and account numbers, it’s time to add them to your Venmo account. Follow these steps;
- On the Venmo Mobile App, tap the three horizontal lines at the top section of the app.
- You’ll arrive at the “Settings” section. In Settings, select “Payment Methods”.
- Next, tap “Add a Bank or Card”.
- In this case, choose “Bank”.
- Next, you’ll be asked to provide your preferred verification method.
Alternatively, you can just connect your Cash App card to your Venmo account. To do so, simply follow these instructions;
- On the Venmo app, tap the three horizontal lines located at the top section.
- Select “Settings” and then tap on “Payment Methods”.
- Next, tap on “Add bank or card” and then choose “Card”.
- Enter your Cash App card details. You can also capture your card’s details with the camera on your phone.
Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
After adding your Cash App routing and account numbers, or Cash App card, to your Venmo account, you can then deposit money directly to your Cash App account from your Venmo balance.
#2. Using a Bank Account That Is Linked to Both Venmo and Cash App
Here you will learn how to transfer morning from your Venmo account to your Cash app account by transferring your funds to a mutual bank account both Venmo and Cash app can access.
Please follow the step by step guide as shown below;
Quick Tip: The same process is can be applied if you want to transfer from Cash App to Venmo.
Enter to Venmo
Enter your mobile and look for the app icon that is a white “V” on a blue background. The app is available for both iPhone and Android devices.
Sign-in to start the process. You can also apply the same procedure on your computer.
Transfer Your Venmo Balance to Your Bank Account
To do it follow these simple steps:
1. Add a bank account.
2. Verify your bank account.
3. Transfer funds to your bank account:
- Tap the “☰” at the top of the app
- Choose “Transfer to Bank” or “Transfer Money” (depending on your device, you may have to first select “Manage Balance” and then “Transfer to Bank”).
- Enter how much you want to transfer
- Choose between Instant (small fee applies) or “1-3 Business Days” (no fees)
- Select either your bank account or debit card
- Review the information and confirm the transaction
- Press the “Transfer” button
Login to Your Cash App Account
Once your funds arrive in your bank account log in to your Cash app account on your mobile.
Now, that your money has been transferred to your bank account you need to send the money to your Cash App.
To do it you just:
- Press the balance tab on your Cash App home screen
- Press Add cash
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- Press “Add”
- Use Touch ID or enter your Pin to Confirm
Remember, you need to have the same bank account link in both Apps to transfer the funds.
How Much You Can Send?
When you open your Venmo account the maximum per week to transfer is $299.99. This will continue until you verify your identity.
To verify your identity you will need to submit:
- Your name
- Physical address
- Social security number (SSN/ITIN).
Once you submit the above information you are verified and you can send up to $2,999.99 per week in one or multiple transactions.
You can only transfer $999.99 per transaction from Venmo to your bank account. When you are verified, you can transfer up to $19,999 per week.
To verify your identity, press the ☰ button at the top of the app, tap “Settings,” and tap “Identity Verification.”
Venmo is a free app but some services are charged:
- If you fund your Venmo account by credit card you will be charged 3% per transaction.
- For the instant transfer, you will be charged 1% per transaction or a minimum of 25 cents. Instant transfers are when you transfer from your Venmo account to your debit card, and they are delivered within half an hour.
Venmo doesn’t charge when you buy at merchants that have a Venmo payment option, even with a credit card, which is free. There is also no fee when you transfer to your bank account.
As I said in the beginning, this guide was meant to teach you all you need to know about money transfer from Venmo to Cash App.
The process is easy, fast and convenient as you can do it all by yourself on your smartphone. You can let us know as well if you need more information about money transfers Venmo to Cash App.
I hope this helps. If you will like it, please share with a friend or a family member