If you are wondering how to activate Navy Federal Debit Card, you are in the right place.
Let’s start by saying that activating a debit card issued by Navy Federal is very simple, and you can do it in different ways, finding the one that best suits your needs.
In this article, you will find a detailed description of each method useful for activating the card. Of course, all procedures will be explained step by step.
How to Activate the Navy Federal Debit Card?
As mentioned, there are several ways to activate your Navy Federal Debit Card. Let’s look at these methods together one by one in this section.
#1. Activate Navy Federal Debit Card through the Phone
The first method is the most classic one. Suitable for those who do not want to get lost in the web maze while remaining still at home, in the office or the park.
- First of all, call the customer support number 1-888-842-6328 (24/7). There is also an international telephone number: 1-703-255-8837.
- Then, follow the robotic instructions and tell them you want to activate your Navy Federal debit card when connected to a customer support member.
- At this point, you will be required to provide your Navy Federal account information for verification.
- After that, you will need to provide the operator with your debit card information, such as card number, CVC number or expiration date, etc.
- After completing this process, you should receive confirmation from the customer service representative that your card has been successfully activated.
#2. Activate Navy Federal Debit Card Online
Perhaps the preferred method for most users to activate the Navy Federal debit card. To activate your card online, you will need an online bank account with Navy Federal.
You may also like: A Step by Step Guide to Delete Square Account
If you don’t have it yet, here, you can better understand how to do it.
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have an account with Navy Federal or that you are a member of Navy Federal
- At this point, go to the digital banking registration page via the official website of the Federal Navy
- Subsequently, you will be required to provide them with some personal information such as your first and last name, your date of birth, your social security number, and more.
- After entering all the correct information and going through all the steps to create your digital bank account with Navy Federal, you will receive your account username and password
- With this information, log into your Navy Federal online bank account by visiting their login page
- Once this is done, you will need to select the account associated with your debit card. Alternatively, you can choose “Checks & Savings”, then go to the “Checking & Debit Card” option
- Then click the “Card Activation” button from there
- Next, you will need to enter your debit card number and the card’s security code / CVC code in the respective field.
- Then click the “Activate” button.
This is all you need to do to activate the card. At this point, you will receive a message that the card has been activated.
Read also: What is a credit card cash advance?
#3. Activate Navy Federal Debit Card via Mobile App
If you have the Navy Federal mobile app, this method may be for you. Of course, you will also need a Navy Federal bank account to activate the Navy Federal Debit Card via the mobile app.
- First, open the Navy Federal Credit Union app and log into your account.
- Then, select the account associated with your new debit card.
- At this point, tap the “Manage paper” option from the menu bar you see at the top.
- In doing so, your card details will appear on the screen. By comparing the last four digits of your card to the information on the screen, check if it is the right card you want to activate.
- Now, tap on the “Activate Card” option from the “Maintenance” tab.
- On the next page, tap the “Activate” button and wait for the confirmation.
- In doing so, you will see a “Congratulations!” message.
#4. Activate Navy Federal Debit Card by Visiting a Branch
Finally, here is the most classic, and perhaps the simplest method to activate your Navy Federal debit card.
In this case, to activate your card, simply visit the closest Federal Navy branch with your debit card and the essential documents to activate it.
Once you arrive at the branch, you can get support from a representative of the Federal Navy.
This method can be useful if you are not tech-savvy if you are a person who loves the old ways or is just near a Navy Federal branch.
If you’ve read this article thoroughly, then you know perfectly well how to activate your Navy Federal debit card. You now have 4 different ways to activate it. It is not enough for you to choose the one that suits you best.