We took some time to review Macy’s credit card and how it works plus other vital information you need to know about Macy’s Inc.
When it comes to retailing, Macy’s Inc. is one of the most prominent on the chat in the United States of America; they have about 775 stores situated across all over the county going to the recent annual data.
With different departments operated in different capacities by Macy’s Inc, namely; (Backstage, Bloomingdale’s, Bloomingdale’s Outlet and Bluemercury franchises) with roughly 550 active accounts for the named store.
Macy’s Inc have stores and departments operating in different capacities, let me review data by the retail giants for 2018, it reported that the company made sales amounting to $24.971 billion, also known to have employed over 123,000 workers.
In 2018 Macy’s Inc introduced a reward system called tender-neutral option (it allows non-Macy’s cardholder to participate in its reward system), which saw them sign up about three million customers to benefit from the program.
Macy’s Credit Cards
Macy’s Inc offers two variant cards called; Macy’s credit card and Macy’s American Express card, it leaves its customers with the choice to choose whichever card suits them best as they also have almost variant functionalities.
- Macy’s credit card: this particular credit card is used at every Macy’s or Macy’s Backstage store and online only. But not the Bloomingdale.
- Macy’s American Express card: this card is more versatile compared to the formal, it is usable at any point American Express is accepted.
Note: a normal Macy’s card and a Macy’s American Express Card offers just types of cards, the normal “Macy’s card” and the “Macy’s American Express Card”, be guided about it.
Also, you don’t need to be a cardholder to be able to earn a point as a customer of Macy’s Inc, plus every Macy’s/Macy’s AmEx purchases automatically include the customer for three-tier Star Rewards loyalty program which give the benefits of free shipping, discount and rewards refunds.
All the Macy’s credit cards types can be applied for either online or at their mother branches in person with the prompted information just like every other card application process.
>>> You may also like: Learn How the Target Credit Card Works
How Macy’s Card Rewards & Benefits Work
Macy’s has a royalty benefits and reward system listed out on levels or hierarchy for all customers that were renewed with the best suitability in 2017. It is accredited based on yearly purchases namely;
- Silver: cardholders benefit 25% off on purchases made from $499 per year with a given Star Pass coupon awarded to the cardholder and is usable any day any time.
- Gold: cardholders who spend from $500 to $1,199 per year are enrolled for this category of reward system. Which is also up to 25% off on purchase and it is redeemable any time with the given Star Pass coupon.
- Platinum: this is the topmost benefit of all the three rewards, purchase done from $1,200 get a 5% every benefit rewarded to them on every to buy successfully done. Customers who are in this tier get both the Silver and Gold benefits. They are coloured in red embedded on the platinum card with the company’s trademark.
Newly registered accounts are enrolled for the Silver reward package, once the customer make purchases that are enough to be moved to the next bigger levels, there are accounts that are auto-upgraded to the next one within 1-week.
But all customers remain in a particular level unless they advance in spending, which they will also be auto-upgraded once they reach the upgradable spent amount for that year and the full calendar year.
Other Macy’s Cards and Perks
A customer who uses the American Express card to buy at the Macy’s Inc get rewards of 3%, 2% and 1% for restaurant, grocery stores & gas stations and other purchases respectively.
The Macy’s Bronze tier is a part of the tender-neutral option, giving non-card users a benefit to receive reward and other offers, there is no spending attainable before a non-card user is considered eligible.
>>> Check out also: THE SAM’S CLUB CREDIT CARD GUIDE: HOW IT WORKS, BENEFITS AND REWARDS
Applying for the Macy’s Credit Card
The Macy’s card and the Amex version are applied at the same time. Once the cards are ready, the consumer chooses one out of them that best suit them. Which also come with a 20% off for the day of picking the card and the immediately following day for the purchase of $100 or more.
Macy’s Credit Card and Macy’s American Express card come with different APR known to be 27.49%, plus a late fee of up to $40 for overdue returns from the cardholder.