If you find yourself reading this article it is probably because, like many other people, you find the Bluebird card activation process confusing and difficult to follow and are wondering how to activate Bluebird card once and for all.
In reality, the process in question is much less complicated than it seems. If you want to find out how to activate the Bluebird card continue reading this article.
Table of Contents
How to Open A Bluebird Account
Before you can activate Bluebird card, you need to keep in mind that you need to have an active Bluebird account and activate your card.
Here are the ways you can set up your an activate account in three ways:
1. The Setup Kit
Perhaps this is the most common way to get a Bluebird card. We are talking about the Bluebird account setup kit directly in one of the Walmart stores. The setup kit costs only $5.
You can then spend those $5 to make purchases but, once exhausted, the card will become useless.
In fact, you will not be able to add funds to the temporary card. In fact, the only way is to open an account and obtain a permanent card.
>>>Learn more: Find Out If A Credit Card Is Active
2. The Website
Maybe you didn’t know you can get a Bluebird card just by visiting Bluebird.com and signing up by following the instructions below:
- Go to Bluebird.com.
- Click on the “Open an account” button at the top.
- At this point, enter all the information requested by the website. For example, you will need to enter your name, email address, home address, telephone number, and date of birth.
- Of course, you will also need to provide your social security number. Not being a credit card, the company does not check the credit score before issuing the card. So don’t worry about that.
- At this point, you will be prompted to set up a username and password, an ATM PIN, and a security question.
After following these instructions, you will receive your Bluebird card in the mail approximately one week after registration. If, after two weeks, you still haven’t received your card, just call Bluebird Customer Service at 1-(877)-486-5990 to report what happened.
3. The Mobile App
Alternatively, you can also open your Bluebird account using the Bluebird Mobile application. The app is free and you can download it from the respective application store, depending on your device. After starting the app:
- Tap the “Register Now” button that you will see at the bottom of the login section
- At this point, you need to choose and enter whether you have a temporary Bluebird card or not. If you don’t have a card, tap “No.”
- The app will then ask you to enter all the same website details
- Enter them.
- >>> Check also: 2 Best Ways to activate SunTrust Debit Card
Your Bluebird account will be created. You will receive your card within ten working days.
How to Activate Bluebird Card
First of all, you must know that if you create your account on the website or app, you will not have to activate Bluebird card
Instead, if you want to register your temporary card and receive a personalized Bluebird card, you will need to follow one of the two methods below:
Using the Website
To activate Bluebird card using the website:
- Go to Bluebird.com.
- Click on the “Register your card” button at the top.
- When asked if you have a temporary Bluebird card, answer “Yes”.
- At that point, you will then need to enter your details, including your Social Security number. Make sure you have your temporary card handy as you will be prompted to enter it.
- Set your username and password and also create your card’s ATM PIN.
And that’s it, your card will then be registered. You will receive a permanent card in your mail within ten business days.
Using the App
Once have istalled the App, you have to:
- Tap the “Register Now” link at the bottom of the login section.
- When asked if you have a temporary Bluebird card, tap “Yes”.
- Enter all the details required by the app and also the 15-digit temporary card number.
Why Should you Prefer the Permanent Card
Once the $ 5 on the temporary card is used up, you will no longer be able to add more funds to that card. Conversely, after activating a permanent card with the methods listed above, you can add up to $ 500 to the card.
The permanent card also allows you to make direct advance deposits, access your funds from ATMs, pay bills online, and make free cash top-ups at any Walmart.
If you want to activate other cards as well, you can take a look at our other guides.
How to Add Money to Bluebird Card
The two methods we would like to recommend to top up your card are:
- In a Walmart: You can pay the amount you want to top up in any Walmart register and it will be transferred to your card for free. You will need to pay a transaction fee.
- Debit Card Transfer: You can link your bank account to your Bluebird card and add funds whenever you want.