If you are wondering how to activate BofA credit card, you are in the right place. Bank of America (aka BofA) is one of the most important financial institutions in the world.
There are many credit cards they offer to their customers, and each of them has different benefits.
Many people apply for the card only to later realize they need to activate the card. If you are reading this article, you are probably one of them.
Obviously, when the card is shipped, it is not active, it is about safety towards the customer. Typically, the card will come with full instructions on how to activate it.
On the other hand, we know that the information is often not so detailed that everyone understands it. For this reason, we have decided to summarize in this article the best three ways to activate BofA credit card.
Table of Contents
How Can you Activate BofA Credit Card?
As you will have understood, there is no single method to activate your BofA card. So, read the three different procedures and then choose the ones that work best for you. In this article, we will explain them all step by step.
Activate BofA Credit Card Online
Know that before proceeding with the actual activation of the online card, you will need to create an online banking account.
Below we find the steps necessary to create the account and activate the BovA credit card:
- From your mobile or PC browser, go to bankofamerica.com/activate
- Now, tap on the “Sign up for Online Banking” option from the page mentioned above.
- At this point, you will need to provide some information such as your credit card number or account number (last 6 digits) and your social security number or tax code, etc.
- Now, if you don’t have a TIN or SSN, you should click the “Don’t have an SSN or TIN” link.
- This will change the empty fields to Current / Savings Account Number, ATM / Debit Card Number (last 6 digits), and ATM / Debit Card PIN.
- You will then need to enter the required information and click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, your online bank account has been created!
At this point, once you have created your new account, BofA will provide you with an online ID and password. Now, you will be able to activate your card online.
- Return to bankofamerica.com/activate from your PC or mobile browser
- On that page, click or tap the “Log in to Online Banking” option
- At this point, you will need to enter your “Online ID” and “Passcode” and click or tap the “Login” button
- You almost did it! On the next page, you will need to confirm and verify your identity and credit card by providing the requested information
- Finally, just follow the instructions on the screen to activate your credit card.
You may also like: How To Activate A Wells Fargo Card
Activate BofA Credit Card via Phone
We know that many people prefer human contact to the “coldness” of the web. For this reason, we also provide you with instructions to activate BofA credit card by phone:
- First, call 800-276-9939 on your phone
- At this point, you will be prompted to enter or say some important information regarding your credit card such as card number, security code, expiration date or social security number, etc.
- This is a standard procedure put in place for safety reasons. Hence, you should provide the requested information accordingly
After following these simple steps correctly, your credit card will finally be activated.
Keep in mind that the number 800-276-9939 is an exclusive number that you can contact at any time and every day to activate your BofA credit card.
If you are not in America, you can easily contact their international number 1-757-677-4701. You can call this number from any country in the world. However, in most cases, international roaming charges may apply.
Activate BofA Credit Card via Mobile App
If none of the above methods didn’t convince you or aren’t right for you, you can try another method. In this procedure, you will need to use the BofA mobile app.
Of course, the Bank of America mobile application is available on both iOS and Android. And it’s also free to download.
Now, in order to take advantage of this method, you will need to have an online bank account with BofA or Bank of America.
If you don’t have one, you can easily open one by simply following the opening of a bank account described above. Once you’ve done that, you can proceed with the steps below.
Here’s the steps to follow:
- Enter the Bank of America or BofA mobile application on your smartphone
- You will then need to log into your BofA online bank account using the online ID and passcode in your possession.
- Now, search and find the new credit card under the card’s account, making sure to match the last 4 digits of the card.
- Then, tap on the card in question and activate the card by following the on-screen instructions.
- In this case, you will need to provide some information about your BofA credit card as usual. Make sure you enter the correct information
That’s done! Right now, you’ve just activated your new credit card. In our opinion, activating your credit card via the BofA mobile app is the easiest and fastest way.
We have reached the end of this triple step by step tutorial. As you may have noticed, these three procedures to activate the BofA credit card are all valid and simple.
Follow one of the methods that you are comfortable with, and that is made especially for you. Suppose you have received your new credit card from Bank of America. You should activate it as fast as possible.
We hope this post will make it easier for you to activate BofA credit card.