If you have had problems with Cash App in the last few days or simply do no-longer need their service, know that it is possible to delete Cash App account very easily.
This is because as a client, you have the right and full privilege to delete your Cash App account anytime you wish to do so.
However, if you are not sure of the process to follow to delete your Cash App account. No worries at all.
I took out some time to write and teach you how to easily delete your account. In this article, you will be guided through the process of deleting your Cash App account.
Let’s jump into it…
To delete your Cash App account, you can use two different methods. The first method involves using the phone via the app to delete your account quickly.
The second method involves going directly to their official Cash App website, preferable if you are at home or in the office.
Each of these methods you decide to use will end up giving you the same result.
Things to keep in mind before you delete Cash App account
Before deleting your account, you should bear in mind some things. For example:
- If you have some pending payments Cash App will not allow you to delete your account. Keep this in mind if you think you want to delete your account.
- Remember that when you decide to delete your account you will no longer be able to access the entire payment history; You should therefore download your payment history just in case before deleting your account.
- One last thing: Before you can delete Cash App account you will need to cancel your Cash App subscription and stop billing for the following month.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How to put money on Cash App Card
Delete Cash App Account through the Website
Here is a step by step guide to to delete your account
#1. To begin with, you need to connect to the Cash App website and log into your account using your credentials (email address and telephone number)
#2. At this point, once you have entered your credentials, you should be on the main dashboard of your account.
Before entering the actual account, the platform will ask you to certify your identity through a verification code that will be sent to you via e-mail or SMS (this depends on the preferences you expressed during registration).
#3. You should now be on the main account page. You should click on the “Account” and then on “Settings”. Then click on “Personal Information”. Once that’s done, you should then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Deactivate Account”.
#4. Almost there! At this point, all you have to do is provide a reason for deleting your account. Just choose one.
Remember that all reasons are obviously valid, you are required to enter it simply because they want to know where they went wrong.
So do not worry. At that point, click “Continue”. Ensure the message contains all your details, i.e. name and surname, telephone number, and email address.
After a few days, the Cash App customer support team will contact you to notify you of the conclusion of the account deletion process. Or to request additional information, if needed in order to complete the deletion process.
ALSO READ: How To Transfer Money From Venmo to Cash App
How to Delete Cash App Account on the phone
The second alternative is to use your phone to delete your Cash app Account and here is the proces.
In fact, it is even possible to delete the Cash App account from the phone directly from their App.
As already mentioned earlier, the easiest and fastest way is using your phone.
Here are the main steps to follow:
- Open the Cash app directly from your phone.
- At this point, you will need to tap the icon that looks like a little man in the upper left corner to display the “Account” menu but only if you have already cleared the fund in your account.
- You will have to scroll down the menu to find and tap on “Cash Support” Once this is done, scroll down to tap on “Something Else” menu.
- Once in the “Something Else” section, scroll down and tap “Account Settings“.
- Step 5: You will need to tap “Close my Cash App account” at this point. This step is what will allow the customer service to understand your willingness to close your Cash App account. As soon as you tap the aforementioned button, the app will close, and you will receive a confirmation of deletion via email or SMS.
I also decided to add a video tutorial to help make the process easier for people who prefer videos to guide them through the process.
As you can see, deleting your Cash App account is a very simple process.
Whether you decide to delete it through the Cash App website or over your phone, any method should work.
Just follow the above-mentioned processes, and you’ll be good to go.
I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to contact their customer service if needed.