If you are a US Bank customer, you have probably wondered many times what the US Bank credit card activation process is like. If you want to activate your credit card, you are in the right place. There have been several conflicting information about getting your card activated.
This article will guide you through the activation process by explaining different ways to activate your US Bank credit card. If you follow these guidelines, you see that it is easier than you think.
Follow the guidelines in this article to get your credit card activated.
Different Ways to activate the US Bank Credit Card Activation
When you receive the card, you will receive all the correct information about your US Bank credit card activation in the envelope. As mentioned above, there are several methods to activate your credit card.
Here are some of the methods.
Method 1: US Bank Credit Card Activation online
On the US Bank official website, there is a dedicated page for credit card activations. If you want to activate your card online, going to this page is a must. To do this, however, you will need a US Bank online account details (Internet banking details).
You are probably already registered for online banking, but if you are not yet, we will explain step by step on how to do it.
How to Enroll in Online and Mobile Banking Account in US Bank
- From your browser, Click here Activate your credit card
- Next, click on the “Sign up and activate” button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, from the next page, you will need to select the type of account you have with the bank and enter the required information.
- Next, on the left side of the screen, you need to select the “Personal >> I have a different account >> Credit card or line of credit” option for credit cards.
- Then on the right side of the screen, enter your account information such as your account number, code on the back of the card / CVC, PIN, expiration date, the last 4 digits of your social security number Postal code.
- Now, click on the “Continue” button to proceed to the next step.
- This way, you will need to enter some more information on your checking account.
- Finally, you now have an online account in US Bank with a username and password.
At this point, you can proceed in the US Bank credit card activation process. With these steps mentioned here, you will sure get your US bank credit card activated.
You may also like: Guide To Activate Navy Federal Debit Card and Use It
Activate US Bank Credit Card via Online Banking Account
- Visit the following page: https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/activate-credit-card.html from the browser on your PC or mobile.
- Then, click on the “Sign in and activate” option.
- On the page that will appear accordingly, enter your “Personal ID” and “Password” and click on the “Login” button.
- At this point, you simply need to answer a few questions regarding your card and US Bank account.
- Enter all the requested information correctly, and your card will be automatically activated.
Method 2: US Bank Credit Card Activation with the Mobile App
This is arguably the easiest and fastest method of all. First of all, however, before starting, you will have to download the US Bank app if you have not already done so. Smartphones and Apps have made things very easy these days, including mobile banking.
Clearly, as for the first method explained in this article, you will need to have an online account in order to proceed with online activation. If you don’t have one, you can sign up now by following the methods described above.
- Log into your US Bank online account using the US Bank mobile app with the required information.
- Then, go to the “Customer Service” option.
- Accordingly, go to the “Self Service” option and find the option from your credit card’s activation.
- At this point, you just have to follow the instructions that will promptly appear on the screen.
- You may probably need to enter some information related to your credit card such as expiry date, card number, your PIN, the last 4 digits of the SSN, and so on.
- Enter the requested information correctly and carefully.
- In doing so, your new US Bank credit card will be activated promptly.
Method 3: US Bank Credit Card Activation with a Call
You probably already know that the US Bank offers a variety of credit cards. But you may not know that each of these cards has a different customer support number. To optimize their work process and serve customers better, they designate various phone numbers to care for specific credit card customers.
However, since we do not know which card you want to request activation for, we will try to list all the numbers of the different customer services in this section.
- For ‘U.S. Bank Altitude® Reserve Visa Infinite® Card’: 844-357-2015
- For ‘U.S. Bank Credit-Line’: 888-852-5786
- For ‘U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card’ and ‘U.S. Bank Cash+TM, Cash Rewards, Perks+, Platinum, College and Secured Visa® Cards’: 800-285-8585
To tell you the truth, if you are unsure of your card type, you can still call 800-285-8585.
Method 4: US Bank Credit Card Activation visiting the Branch
If none of the three methods listed above is to your liking and they don’t suit you, this is the last possible option to activate your card. It is certainly the most practical method, but on the other hand, it is not as convenient and fast.
In this case, you will have to visit the branch, bringing the main documents with you. Once at the bank, ask any authorized personnel present to activate the credit card for you, and that’s it.
In this article, we walk you through all the four processes of activating your credit card. We hope we have simplified the process for you and sure make things easy for you. With this, we believe you should have a correctly activated credit card next to you. So, you just have to start using it.
If you still find it difficult or have any doubt, or questions please do not hesitate to contact the bank by the information given above or a comment below and we will be happy to help you.