Walmart stands on the chart as one of the largest store chains in our present-day and people who make purchases frequently with the Walmart credit card enjoy a lot of benefits.
To be eligible for this Walmart Credit card, you must have a fair to good credit score which is around 640 for the fair score and 700 for a good credit score those with a low score are given the store-only card.
Capital one bank is the exclusive issuer of the Walmart credit card, the card’s primary reward is given comes as 5:2:1percentages which is 5% for purchase in their online stores, which also includes pick up and delivery, 2% for Walmart stores & fuel stations, restaurants and travel and 1% for every other purchase with the Mastercard.
This credit card is acceptable anywhere MasterCard is used same for the Walmart Store card.
How to Apply for Walmart Credit Card Online
The following are steps on how to apply for a Walmart Credit card online;
- Visit their website at www.walmart.com/creditcard
- Tap on the “Apply now” button. If you are a new user you have to sign up at www.Walmart.com before your continue the application and this how to go about it.
Read Also: Understand How The 401k Plan Work
To create a Walmart online account
- Tap “Create a new account”.
- Input your first and last name and email address.
- Create password and tap on Create Account.
- Go back to the sign-in page and re-enter your email and password and Sign in.
- Followed by inputing your address, phone number, Social Security number, date of birth, and your annual net income (your income after taxes have been taken out).
- Tap on “Continue” button and follow the instructions to complete the application.
Other Ways to Apply for a Walmart Credit Card
Below are the other ways you can also apply for your Walmart credit card;
- Go to any Walmart outlets close to you location
- Ask a representative at the Walmart MoneyCenter for directives to apply for the credit card and they will willingly attend to you.
- You can also call 1-877-969-3668 to know your card status offline.
Read Also: Fidelity Rewards Visa Credit Card-Application, Rewards, And FAQs
Walmart Rewards Program
Walmart Credit Cards offers a 5% cashback on all purchases done on their online store at www.Walmart.com
A discount of 2% is given back on gas purchases and 1% on their store purchases.
Other benefits as a Walmart credit card user include 0% fraud liability, card lock stolen, and notification when someone on suspicious login.
Walmart Credit Card FAQs
What are the criteria to apply for a Walmart credit card?
Only persons from 18-years and above are allowed to apply for the Walmart credit card and you must have a good credit score from 640 and above to qualify, your monthly income must be at least $425 more than the monthly housing payment.
How do I redeem my Walmart rewards?
They are applied to your statement each month in form of cashback
How do I check my rewards balance?
Once you log into your account at www.Walmart.com, with your account details you will see your reward by clicking on the account statement, they are displayed in the rewards earned summary box.
Can I transfer a balance with a Walmart Credit Card?
NO, you cannot transfer a balance onto a Walmart credit card.
What is the fee for late payment?
Walmart’s late fee may be charged up to $27, but if you missed a payment in the last six billing cycles; your late fee will be capped at $38.
What’s the APR for a Walmart credit card?
Walmart APRs will range from 18.65% to 24.65$ variables and for store cards the APR is 24.65% variable.
Was this article helpful?
Leave a comment and subscribe for more